Monday, July 07, 2008

A Conversation with Kate (age 5) About Music

(Some music is playing in the living room as we sit down to play cards)
ME: Kate, the person singing here is Neil Young.
KATE: Oh. (pause) Dad, if I have to hear any more of this, I am going to die.
ME: You don't like Neil Young much, huh?
KATE: I only like one rock band and that's Alvin & The Chipmunks.
ME: But you love Wolfmother.
KATE: Yes! I love Wolfmother! But this music now is horrible.

To be fair, it was the unforgivable "A Man Needs a Maid".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why were you playing your daughter as song that you descibe as 'unforgivable'? Trying to stretch her ears?

Anonymous said...

Ah, crap. Could you possibly remove that comment... I hadn't meant to put my last name down. Also, I meant 'a song', not 'as song'.