Tuesday, August 30, 2005

How is Your Book Going?
This is a question frequently asked by friends and associates who know I'm writing a book. And I don't know how to answer all the time because it's a reeeeeally big process and frankly "how it's going" varies dramatically from day to day and even hour to hour. But the folks asking are good folks and are being friendly and so I don't want to give a flip little cute answer but I also don't have time to answer in depth. So I'm going to attempt to give an update in this space once a day at some point. Also, I'm not quite ready to talk about what the darn book is even about at this point. Maybe later. But it seems like a blog is the perfect place to do something like this. True, I'm seemingly taking on this new writing project in the midst of my biggest writing project ever but um...yeah. So today's update:
It's going well. Lots still to do but its flowing and I suspect I'm going to far far far surpass the minimum word count set forth by my contract. This will give me much to work with and much work to do once the writing is done. Writing is fun, worrying about writing is not.

No comments: