Monday, April 13, 2009

Unusual pizza


This was the box the pizza came in Friday night. I am intrigued by two things here. One, the slogan. I'm assuming it's in quotes because it's meant to be the thoughts of the customer and that the printing on the box is meant to echo the feelings of said consumer upon receiving the pizza. "Do I really deserve this pizza?" the customer wonders, "Am I worthy of such a pie? Oh, yes I am. It says so on the box."

The second part that intrigues me is toward the bottom there: "Bake for several minutes until it's visually the way you like it." So this is an aesthetic thing? A visual thing? How was your pizza? It looked great. Hmm. Good pizza, though.

**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditch the 'za and go for one of their Hoagies instead. I tend to eat the Veggie one, but the Roast Beef is also awesome. Whole on whole wheat, no onions.

I'm back in town from Seattle for a couple days later this month. Haven't thought about Davanni's in months, but now I'm craving it. Jeez.

Agen said...

as a former resident of of Minneapolis from back in the 80s, I still can't get out of my head the repetitious tagline of their late-night TV ads (i.e., played during Friday Night Videos and such) when they made a switch of names:

"We used to be Pontillos, and now we're Davanni's... We used to be Pontillos, and now we're Davanni's... We used to be Pontillos, and now we're Davanni's... "