Thursday, April 16, 2009

Disturbing Strokes

(Found on Boing Boing)

The opening montage to Diff'rent Strokes set to creepier music. The whole tone changes dramatically.



Here's what I don't get, having watched this. Did the original show purport that this was how the adoption kicked off? That Mr. Drummond, presumably having done the appropriate paperwork and all, picked Arnold and Willis up at the playground? Where they were happily playing basketball?

Although with this music, one infers that there was never any paperwork at all. There was just....something I don't even want to think about.


**

3 comments:

Sornie said...

Sweet Jesus, I felt sorta dirty just watching that clip. Music really can change the tone of anything.

M2 said...

Weirdest Diff'rent Strokes story ever?

I spent two months in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and what show do you guess occupied the much coveted Thursday 8 p.m. primetime TV slot on the most popular channel?

Yup.... the exploits of Arnold and Willis...

jane said...

Thank you, John. That's the best laugh my husband and I have had together in a long time. The last frame truly is the big payoff.