Friday, June 08, 2007

FAMILY HERMAN PROJECT #3

Voting continues. As do the odd feelings I get.



"When you lie on your tummy, your bottom is your top."

**


"That's your organic shampoo."

**

I must confess that this project has really helped me change my mind about Dolly. Like everyone sensible, I've hated her my whole life. Bossy, too deliberately cutesy, manipulative. But in this context, she's simply hanging out on the couch sharing a casual observation about hair care. Seems happy. Meanwhile today's Herman strip with FC caption just seems like the album cover to some early-80's skate punk record. Freaks me out, man. Tough call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will never be able to look at Herman and Family Circus in the same way again. And that's a good thing.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nah, stick with your gut. Caption or no, Dolly is the poor man's Lucy Van Pelt. This improves her yes, but I won't stop hating her all the same.