Friday, September 01, 2006

In Case Anyone's Still Reading...

I took a leave of absence, you see. Went on vacation. To Hawaii, a state that can make a lot of words out of only 12 letters. I didn't announce it here in advance because we both know you'd rob my house.

Anyway, there's a thing happening at Bumbershoot (big Seattle arts hoo-ha) this weekend where I'm going to do live readings of some of my fave bits from the Pop Song Correspondences column in McSweeney's. I'm calling it "Pop Song Correspondences Comes Alive!" and it will involve music and jokes and me. 1:00 pm on Monday. For only half an hour. If it works out, maybe I could become one of those solo theater artists, like Whoopi Goldberg but hopefully without the unfortunate Ted Danson period.

Book tour dates to be announced soon! Conan doesn't want me! Olbermann does!

5 comments:

Christopher said...

What about Colbert? Seems like a book about how to turn into a Republican would be a shoo-in for his show.

susansinclair said...

I will soooo get cable for this!

Jennifer said...

Never mind that Bill Radke announced on the radio that you were in Hawaii!

Scott Chicken said...

You know Radke is trying to get you robbed. And screw Conan anyway, he's just afraid you'd be funnier than him. And with good reason...

Tom Dougherty said...

I agree. Conan would be a good slot, but Colbert and Stewart would be a smarter fit, and probably translate into sales more readily too. YAY!