Sometimes I just don't have the energy to work up a whole cogent post especially when I have three children who enjoy stomping on my energy level.
1. I added a feed from Twitter over there on the right. It allows you to see brief glib things I have to say. As I flood the world with words you can see if I somehow get more trenchant.
2. Highlight on Twitter today. I posted a comment: "Why can't the Mac and the PC both be friends with the Panasonic video camera?" To which John Hodgman then replied, "because that guy is an ass." And we all know who John Hodgman is. Which means, that's right, I got my own little private Apple commercial there, didn't I?
3. Today, a trip to the mall.
JILL: That mall wasn't as depressing as I thought it would be. It wasn't that bad of a mall. Or that good of a mall.
JOHN: It was a mall. We could have been anywhere. Nothing actually just happened.
4. On Saturday, Charlie Moe got an idea. He figured he could go out in the front yard, find some cool looking rocks, and then sell those rocks to passers by. He found a cardboard box which became his counter and desk. For pricing, he thought, well maybe $8.95 for a set of rocks. I suggested 25 cents per rock. Jill suggested selling perhaps some lemonade, her silent reasoning being in agreement with my sentiment: AIN'T NO ONE GONNA BUY ROCKS! Well, by the end of two hours, he had sold ten bucks in rocks. Everyone was buying rocks. One lady had no change so she gave him five bucks. He paid his sister/assistant manager two bucks, bought some donuts, and saved the rest. He sold rocks that were already on the ground. They were at these people's feet. But Charlie is charming.
5. We have some fancy cable at the rental house. Fancier than I'm used to. Not like HBO fancy but channels like MSNBC. And here's the thing: I thought MSNBC was like CNN or Fox News and had news on all the time. But after a certain point in the evening, it's just prison documentaries all night long. Straight on until morning. Every night. And...wha?