Thursday, December 27, 2007

Excuse Me? Lady at Starbucks this morning?

Hi. Look, I know you had some terrible news to tell your 10-year-old daughter this morning. I think it was about a dog that had died. Could have been a divorce. Could have been something else. Whatever it was, it made her burst into tears and sobs. It devastated her. You held her close and let her just cry and cry and cry.

My question is this: did you really have to relate this news to her AT A STARBUCKS?!

My follow-up question is this: like, what the fuck is wrong with you?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe she was telling her that the Wii they ordered would be delayed another month.

Jennifer said...

Maybe she was telling her that the Wii they ordered would be delayed another month.

Scott Chicken said...

I think it was that they were out of pumpkin scones. That always makes my kids burst in to tears.

Oh, and if you get an answer from her can you also ask if she knows why the guy on the bus had to scream in to the phone "I am WORKING ON IT!!!" this morning? Because clearly he wasn't working on anything other than waking me up.

Michelle de Seattle said...

I think it was an improv everywhere skit....

Anonymous said...

Ten-year-olds will cry about anything. Or maybe that was just me at age ten. And twelve. And twenty-four.