Monday, September 08, 2008

John's Still Mad, Few Jokes Here

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said Sarah Palin, who would like the citizens of the United States to make her vice president, would not be interviewed "until the point in time when she'll be treated with respect and deference."

And okay so, um, WHAT? Respect? Absolutely. Of course. Deference? No. That wouldn't be an interview. That, sir, would be propaganda. She must be challenged, questioned, not allowed to wiggle, microscoped, cross-examined. Because this job she wants the American people to give her is an important job.

Are they required to make her available to talk in a format other than in front of friendly audiences speaking someone else's words on a teleprompter? No. Of course not. Do they have that responsibility? Yes, they do. It's a job interview. You don't hire someone for an important spot on your team based solely on the resume.

_

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Attention riders--the Straight Talk Express will now be making local stops in Obfuscationville, Disinformationtown, and Manipulationland."

nancymcjensen said...

hey guess what. she majored in journalism. perhaps she's like a reformed smoker - once you quit, you hate everyone that smokes.

chicken butt.

Glenn Fleishman said...

Palin is really being elected as a stealth president. McCain's odds of surviving 4 or 8 years are extremely poor at his age, with his health history. I'm not gleeful about it (I don't dislike him, just his abandoning everything he ever stood for). But the odds of Obama lasting 8 years are probably somewhere in the high 90s; McCain, probably below 25 percent.

Kate said...

This makes me so angry all I can do is shake.

Anonymous said...

ARGGGGGHHH!!!! I totally agree that the refusal to field legitimate questioning by the media is maddeningly awful. It makes me furious.

Not that she would have had my vote anyway, but still...

Scott Chicken said...

See, now, this is why I just ignore the news. Well, unless it directly affects my fantasy football team. Then I'm all ears.

Heather said...

Weeeeelllll... you don't hire someone based solely on resume unless you're Sharon W. Tee hee!

Tina Rowley said...

Arrgh, arrgh. I can't - thing too - world gone mad. Me with it. Yes. Deference. People magazine instead of Meet the Press. Charlie Gibson, to give credit, did better than I thought. I mostly just expected them to make out. Pleasantly surprised, there, at least.

I'd just like to say that I hate having my reptile brain stimulated all the time by the politics. I would enjoy a little frontal lobe activity. Is that so much to ask?

Bam! Kapow! Screech! Ha ha! Ouch!

(faints)