Monday, July 07, 2008

A Conversation with Kate (age 5) About Music

(Some music is playing in the living room as we sit down to play cards)
ME: Kate, the person singing here is Neil Young.
KATE: Oh. (pause) Dad, if I have to hear any more of this, I am going to die.
ME: You don't like Neil Young much, huh?
KATE: I only like one rock band and that's Alvin & The Chipmunks.
ME: But you love Wolfmother.
KATE: Yes! I love Wolfmother! But this music now is horrible.

To be fair, it was the unforgivable "A Man Needs a Maid".

2 comments:

Daniel Byndas said...

Why were you playing your daughter as song that you descibe as 'unforgivable'? Trying to stretch her ears?

Daniel said...

Ah, crap. Could you possibly remove that comment... I hadn't meant to put my last name down. Also, I meant 'a song', not 'as song'.