Monday, October 01, 2007

Seeking Obsessive Remodelers

I'm working on a story for Weekend America & Marketplace about people who are in a constant state of remodel, especially when it comes to the kitchen. The story explores the growth of Home Depot and professional level appliances in regular homes. Ideally, I'd like to find some local people/families who, either by their own hand or through contractors, are always remodeling, updating, and improving their homes. Because I don't think that we as a society were always like this. Drop me a line - johnmoe (at sign) gmail.com - if you know anyone who fits the profile. Seattle area preferable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey John,

I think the Home Depot epidemic is more due to keeping up with the Joneseseses than just a bunch of individually obsessed people. If Mr. Jones next door has sweet countertops and it only cost him a zillion dollars to do it himself or have it contracted to an illegal immigrant, well then... But when I meet that obsessive person, I'll send them your way. Looking forward to hearing your story!