Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Because Maybe You Do Want to Know What I Thought of Raymond Carver in College

So the brilliant Kevin Guilfoile has managed to be a successful humor writer and thriller novelist. I like to think that if I pitched away this whole Seattle thing and moved to Chicago, he'd be my friend. He invited me to be part of this cool Field Tested Books series where writers talk about books read in specific places and how place has an impact on the book. Some of my other fave-rave authors are there too. Here's what I wrote.

It's about what we talk about when we talk about What We Talk About When We Talk About Love.

1 comment:

Don said...

I've been immersed in Carver for the past few months, starting with What We Talk About....

Last week, I started digesting his poetry. I was blown away by a copy of Ultramarine at the local library. I broke down yesterday and bought the whole lot (All of Us). Stuff is seriously blowing my mind.