Monday, August 15, 2005

A Plan for the Nomenclature of Swimming Frogs

Turns out we're going to get swimming frogs. I'm told they're easy to take care of and are just delighted to swim and live in a bowl and be friends with other frogs and fish. And so we told Charlie that we'll get four, one for each member of the family.

So in the car yesterday:
JILL: We could get four frogs. And then we'd each have one.
ME: I'll name mine "Dad".
JILL: I'll name mine "Mom".
KATE: I name mine "Kate"!
CHARLIE: I'm going to name my frog "Sword". Then I'll wake up in the morning and say "Hi, Sword"!

UPDATE: we picked the frogs up at the store today. Turns out they're called Dwarf Frogs. Because of course they are.

1 comment:

Adam Szymkowicz said...

I read this and couldn't stop laughing. Then I went away and I had to come back and read it again. And I laughed just as hard.