Monday, February 09, 2009

Career Advice

from a guy who's show got canceled. So take it or don't.

What you want do is this:

Find something that a) you love doing, b) that you have real ability at doing, and c) that the least number of other people as possible are doing well.

That is the formula. I'm convinced of it.

If you have one of the three, you are foolish to pursue this.

If you have two of the three, you are in for some frustration and possibly some rewards, depending on where luck goes.

If you have all three, you will be a success.

This is not to say that the something will be easy to find, it probably won't be, but that is your map.

*

5 comments:

Glenn Fleishman said...

3 for 3! I'd better watch my back.

Not that there aren't a lot of reporters, even technology reporters, out there. But I keep defining niches in which I have the most expertise that overlap with stuff people are interested in.

Blackeyes and Blackouts said...

Its that part C that gives people trouble I think....

Andy Joe said...

Rats. I was really looking forward to your Rourke-esque comeback in 2025.

Andy Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Not a Bad Idea!
Career Advice